Sudan invites tenders for consultants for solar PV irrigation project

The government of Sudan has launched tender in search of consultants to assist in the implementation of an irrigation venture within the states of North Kordofan and West Kordofan.
weksler ea14 involves installation of 1,one hundred seventy photo voltaic irrigation pumps in the country. Successful consultants will provide engineering and supervision services, design of photo voltaic water pumping methods, in accordance with the necessities of each farm.
The companies may even provide assistance to the irrigation challenge implementation unit, supervision and contract administration of works associated to the set up and commissioning of the solar pumps. The firms may even assist the project implementation unit by way of technical and monetary supervision to ensure that all works are carried out based on the contract specs. The consultants may also take part within the construction activities and in the implementation of the project’s environmental and social administration plan.
Read:Optimising efficiency of solar-powered pumping techniques
Erratic rainfall
The solar pumps shall be installed in North Kordofan and West Kordofan states where erratic rainfall is mostly skilled because of the arid climate and climate change, with a negative impact on agricultural yields, based on the Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO).
The new tools will be used to pump groundwater. In addition to food security, the challenge goals to scale back farmers’ dependence on fossil fuels, which are harmful to human well being and the environment. Interested firms have till September 14th, 2021 to apply.
The irrigation challenge is 75% financed by a $21.7 million loan from the African Development Bank (AfDB). The remaining 25% might be paid in installments over three years. The pan-African establishment indicates that the set up of the solar pumps might be completed by December 31st, 2025.

Scroll to Top